Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 March 2011

One of those nights...

I think this title could get an awful lot of use in the upcoming few weeks, as the season gets ever closer. My bowling is still good, good variations in flight, line, length, and turn (and still getting a couple to spin the other way, always good!), but my batting is beginning to really piss me off. Admittedly one of the lads was bowling 70+MPH and swinging it round corners, but that didn't excuse my piss-poor shots. I wasn't playing it under my eyes, I wasn't getting to the pitch, I wasn't getting into line. I was feeling for it, leading with my hands. On the plus side, I got a couple of well timed, as in reeeally well timed, flicks through midwicket, but one was a full toss and the rest were half volleys. I was cutting the ball alright as usual, but the rest just wasn't there. Also, I cannot physically defend anything in the nets. Instinct takes over and I try to hammer it. It's just frustrating, I really need a bowling machine session to work on my technique. But because I'm not a batsman, I'll be very lucky to get that. Might have a word with the 1st XI captain tomorrow, see if I can blag myself a 15 minute go on it! I've got a fitness+fielding session at 7.30-9 tomorrow morning before my 9.15 seminar, then another 5-7 session in the evening, hope Bob (said 1st XI captain) will let us have a go on the bowling machine. Lord knows I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment