Total Pageviews

Monday 21 March 2011

Goldmine in the post!

No nets today, bit of a shame, but they're on Thursday this week, also got Friday morning and evening sessions which is exciting! (Yes my life is that boring...) On the up side, I got some cricket books from Sam Stow at All Out Cricket in the post this morning, the following 4: Flying Stumps and Metal bats by the Wisden Cricketer, Cricket, Lovely Cricket? by Lawrence Booth, Cricket's 300 Men, and one 400 man by Christopher Hilton, and Mushtaq Ahmed's autobiography. I'm a big collector and reader of cricket books. I have the fast bowler's bible by Ian Pont, and the Art of Wrist-spin, both of which I don't even need! I love reading cricketer's bio's, and also anything technical. My "library" probably has about 50 cricket books (I've even got Harold Larwood's autobiography!), about 15-20 Roman history books (I'm a sucker for the Roman army), about 10 French revolution texts (Bought on a whim as part of my course) and about 250 fiction books, ranging from Harry Potter, through Lord of the Rings, Chris Ryan and Andy McNab, and a few other choice autobiographies like Ben Collins. I also have a small section dedicated to zombies, about 10 of them, as they are fantastic reads! This may all be off topic, but I'm the sort of person who, while waiting to bat, has a read of a book, or listens to music, or plays the marker game with a cricket ball. I always get funny looks for reading while waiting to bat, but it takes your mind off it.

Wow, this is a longer post than I intended. It's also gone on a lot about random crap. Oh well, c'est la vie je crois! It's a lovely sunny day out, so I need to get out and do something, which will also mean I don't start my assignment til tomorrow. Oh, what a shame!

1 comment:

  1. You should try and get the Grimmett Books -
    Getting Wickets
    Grimmett on cricket
    Tricking the batsman

    Also Ashley Malletts book - 'Clarrie Grimmett'. It''ll give you a massive insight into Wrist Spinning, tactics and cricket overall. They're difficult to get hold of, especially Tricking the Batsman

    ReplyDelete