Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Fitness, fielding and nets session.

So last night we had a 2 hour session, the first 45mins of which were fielding+fitness drills. Fielding was really good, held all my catches, including a couple of rippers on the catching cradle. Fielded well using a drill where 3 people stand about 30 yards away, with a set of stumps cut off half way up in the middle. one end throws it in the air to the other, who shy at the stumps, and the first end backs up. 5 shys at the stumps, hit 3 times, would have hit another on a full set of stumps. Good start. Bowling was good as well for the most part, beat the bat a few times, had a couple of poor long-hops or full tosses, which was to be expected I suppose. All in all, good net.

Friday evening no nets on, but we've got a Friday morning net at 7.30-9, before French, so will be interesting to see how that goes. probably get the bowling machine out, so might have to practice driving a few deliveries, maybe playing off my legs too. Could do with the batting practice, as on Friday after my net my batting was taken to pieces by the 1st team vice-skip!

1 comment:

  1. Tumo,

    Had a look at your fielding post on BC, cheers for that I'll have to look out for some cheapo stumps to cut down. I figured that it would be a case of just regular practice, so I suppose I'll have to do some of that as well. I gotta admit I'm quite envious of your Uni life. I didn't take up cricket till 5 years ago, so I went through my HE education without any knowledge of the potential of cricket and missed out there! Hopefully my sons will get the chance to go to Uni if there's some change in policy (Fees etc) and they'll get the chance to play at Uni?

    What's the standard like of the Uni teams?

    Dave

    ReplyDelete