Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 April 2011

A quick catchup

It's been a while, been a bit busy with Uni assignments but thought I'd bring you readers up to speed. I've had 3 net sessions at Uni, where my bowling has been strong, and my fielding as well, my batting has been a bit hit and miss. Getting more into line, but some of the Uni bowlers are still a little quick for me. Oh well, we'll get into it sooner or later.

Had a friendly match on Sunday, wasn't too bad a game. green pitch, stayed low, but decent enough for me. Got a bit of purchase now and then, but was bowling with just my index finger gripping, as opposed to the index and the middle finger, mainly through confidence because it was the first game of the season. Control wasn't too bad. Took a catch as well, fielded quite well, some chasing, some standard stuff coming straight to me as well. Lost by 2 wickets, should have pushed them closer, but it was just good to be out in the field to be honest!

Back at home, had my first net with my mates. Bowling was good, considering the net is built on concrete! Got bounce, but more importantly, got turn. Beat the bat on a few occasions, got a lot of turn to beat people in the flight and get catches to go to (hypothetical) fielders. Batting was, as well, a MASSIVE improvement. everything felt right! Hit some lovely cover drives, played straight, waited for it, defended tightly, and leathered everything short. Had a couple of short balls that were quick, that I sort of struggled with, and then got cleaned up when I had a slog, but apart from that it was a top session!

1 comment:

  1. Tumo, you need to get a counter put in your blog and see if you're getting readers. Nab the one off my blog.

    ReplyDelete