Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Easter Holidays!

I've been quiet on the posting front recently, mainly because there's not been a lot going on! I've spent a bit of time at the nets, but I've been visiting people as well while I'm off so that's understandable. On to the cricket!
My bowling is coming on, had 3 net sessions and in all 3 I've consistently found a good area, with a bit of turn and, more surprisingly, a bit of bounce, although that may be because of the nets that I play on! I've been beating the bat quite a bit too, which is always comforting. Not a lot to say on my finger spin really. I was experimenting with Chinaman and Seam-up last night, and both were very effective. I got a lot of turn with my "leggies", and I got my topspinner and googly going quite nicely. Obviously I dropped it short a few times, but that was very interesting to see, and if a lefty comes out in a match I may be convinced to give it a go! I was bowling genuinely quick with my seamers, quite skiddy, couldn't get a bouncer going like the other lads but it was sharp, with late inswing, and I bowled 3 or 4 people out with late inswinging yorkers. My control isn't brilliant, I think my action is like Mitchell Johnson (and my accuracy!) but it was fun to bowl, and if we need someone to open the bowling I may even get a shout for that, and then going on to bowl spin!
My batting has really improved, in 3 sessions I've been bowled out once, and that was a terrible shot, trying to work it to leg, but taking it off off-stump, I must have lost my guard because it was a filthy shot. I was hitting the ball wonderfully last night in particular, pulling off Jamie (he must be late 60's, early 70's mph) and hitting really nicely off my legs, which I've never done before! Things are looking up!
My fielding was good in the one fielding session we had, dropped one absolute skier but it went higher in the air than I've ever seen, I'll practice that though.
First game of the season (competitively) on Saturday, exciting times ahead! Will blog again after the weekend! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment