Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 May 2011

It's been a while...

So I thought I'd get up to speed on here. Since 8th May, I have played a game for the Uni side, a midweek game for my club back home, and nothing since then. But all will be explained...

Uni game. Bowled first, I came on after about 7 overs. Facing a decent batsman that I had earlier dropped, hard chance mind you! Also previously ran the wrong way to field the ball at long-on, could barely see anything from the sun. Sorry Ryan... But anyway, came on, and my fir
st over was fairly on the spot, went for about 7 though. Second over, beat the batsman in the flight, but Joe couldn't get to the stumping (it had turned down leg, after pitching about middle, difficult take!) and so he lived on. For 2 balls, when he slapped a full toss straight down the fielder's throat at long on. Shit takes wickets n' all that. The ball was fairly difficult to grip because of the rain before the game, so inevitably a few full tosses came out, which (probably) I wouldn't have normally bowled! Picked up another one in my 3rd over, slapped for a 4 and a few singles as well. Ended well for me though. 3-0-15-2. Will happily take that! Didn't do much with the bat, out for 2 I think after Sir Garfield called me through for one which may have been there, but didn't feel like it at the time! Best moment of the day was definitely Karl's reverse-sweep for 4 off the final ball. Outstanding tekkers. Lost by 20 runs or so.

Ahh, the midweek game. Where the problems started. We batted first, I was next
man in at the end (as usual!) and we scored 93 off our 16 overs. Then, after fielding for 5 overs at point, I got one hit out to me on the bounce, and in trying to get underneath it to pick it up, I dislocated my finger! Bollocks! Whisked off to hospital by one of the WAGs (well, the only one there) and got it popped back in place, at the expense of an awful lot of swearing. Fuck it hurt! Here is an x-ray of the offending digit...
As you can see it is fairly out of place! And for the past 2 weeks I have been resting it, and I've declared myself fit for the weekend. Bored out of my skins at the weekend since!
On a boring note, Uni's almost finished. My year abroad placements are in Binic (in Brittany), and the Alps. Sweet Jesus I am excited. That's about it for this update though. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment