Total Pageviews

Monday 7 March 2011

First post

I started one of these a while back, and didn't continue, but I feel like I should get it going again. I am a left arm orthodox spinner, and a right-handed batsman. I bowl for my side in Lincolnshire, and at my Uni as well. I would class myself as a lower order batsman, but by no means a tail-ender. I'm also a fairly good fielder, without being amazing.
My kit is as follows:
Bats:
Hunts County Glory Custom
Gray-Nicolls Venom Viper
Gloves:
Bradbury VS Sterling
Pads:
Bradbury VS Sterling
Hunts County Clippers
Helmet:
Masuri Titanium
Thigh Pad:
Newbery
Spikes:
Mitre Half Spike
Gray-Nicolls Full Spike
I spent a year out of Uni due to being diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and that severely affect my life, as well as my cricket. However, I'm fine as of February 2010, and hope to keep this going.

Right, now that crap's out the way, I can start on what I want to: Blogging about how my cricket is going. I've been going to nets with my Uni, and have gone back home for a net with my club. My batting has really been coming on, driving really well, albeit I've got a couple of flaws I can't seem to get out of my game. I lead with my hands, so I won't always get my feet to the pitch, and I struggle with full balls on my pads. it's something I need to work on, and I'm getting practice on it. My bowling is better than it has been too, bowling far less poor balls. I'm also getting more turn, and depending on who is facing, I can adapt to bowling darts à la Yardy, or tossing it up like Vettori, with a couple of decent variations, and better variation of pace. My catching is coming on, especially my close catching, and my ground fielding is as strong as usual. Being back at Uni has really improved my game. Hopefully I'll keep to this blog for once!

That'll do for now, this'll probably get updated next time I net.

2 comments:

  1. Ben,

    What Uni you at then? Are you studying just French?

    Saw you're into you're into your Free-running, I tell my kids a story about my free-running exploits back in 1987 and I stake a claim to being the first Free Runner in the UK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    I'm at Hull Uni. Definitely not deserving of the bad rep everybody gives the city! And I study French as a single honours, having to dust off my Spanish though as I had too many free slots in my timetable. Yeah, on and off with Free-running/parkour for about 6 years. However, being a cricketer I spend all my time chasing leather and not enough time climbing walls! Haha that's definitely a decent claim to fame!

    ReplyDelete